Sunday, December 14, 2014

Intro

Welcome to Blog#1

Have you aver been so excited that you didn't want to close your eyes in fear that you might miss something spectacular?  Well that is how I feel every time I work in, with, or around nature.  The thrill is AMAZING!!  It doesn't matter if I am in my own backyard or on some crazy adventure, I LOVE every detail surrounding me. One of my greatest passions is learning new things about our world and then sharing that knowledge with others so that they may go on to teach someone else.  The chain of knowledge is a beautiful thing.

So first I would like to introduce myself.  It is only the polite thing to do as we will hopefully be spending a lot of time together in this journey to educate our youth about the importance of appreciating nature and all its wonders.   My name is Mallory Clark, AKA Ms. Mallory to the public, and I am currently the Director of Education and Animal Husbandry at one of the largest zoological parks in the US, a Certified Wildlife Rehabilitator, Natural Sciences Correspondent, animal presenter, and a self proclaimed nature nerd.  I am not an "expert" or a "scientist" by any means, just a passionate person that loves what she does and looking to share what she knows.  Phew, what a mouthful.  If you have any other questions about my background, just email me.  I don't find myself that appealing as the subject at hand, so I will not stay on this soapbox any longer.

Okay, now on to the fun stuff. . .Let's talk about the beauty of this blog.

As an animal/nature presenter for over 11 years, I have been through almost every situation you can think of.  From being unprepared for my first presentation and forgetting crucial elements to dealing with a group of students that had absolutely no interest in what I was doing, I have had to learn through trial and oh, so many errors to find ways that are safe, effective and fun.  With that being said, I hope this blog will help those who have a passion for nature, whether that be wildlife or anything else, to take the step to teach others about the wonderful world around them.  We will cover many aspects of utilizing nature to excite and inspire others, particularly children. This blog will include many topics about outreach programs such as: proper ways to promote yourself, handling animals around the public, topics of interest, resolutions to common issues, being prepared, going on the news or radio, and anything else you recommend. In addition, we will also discuss many activities that will bring nature back into the classrooms; these will be great for teachers and homeschool parents to do with their students.  It is all about exciting and inspiring others.

Some of the greatest conservationists are sitting right in front of us. . . waiting to be inspired. 

Please remember The Nature Class blog is for you.  This is my first attempt at blogging, so feel free to comment and let me know how I can better serve you.

Happy inspiring,

Ms. Mallory

Check out my Facebook page for fun, myth busting nature facts that the whole family will enjoy.
www.facebook.com/TheRealMs.Mallory



No comments:

Post a Comment